Early child development has been a rapidly growing area for quite a while now, with many parents are signing up their children for preschool in the early stages of their youth. An early child education program is basically a program that focuses on the formal education of a child before the ages of normal schooling begins, which is around 5 or 6 years old. The early education of the child actually starts at home, but most parents are now gaining a lot of interest in signing up their children for various ECE programs so that their children can easily get used to the formal education years and set them up for future success. As we all know, the handling of children can be a very tough subject. There are a lot of variables involved, especially when each and every child is different, and has their own unique temperaments and behavior. As hard as it is to teach a couple of 5 year old students in kindergarten, it is much harder to cope with toddlers who are really not too aware that they are in a formal environment of learning. A bachelor’s degree in education is not enough to gain you access to teach early child development courses. What one needs is to concentrate on getting as many ECE units he or she can. That is why a lot of students and workers in the industry are now concentrating on learning how to earn ECE units online so that it might help them to qualify in teaching various early child education programs that interest them.
Where Do I Earn ECE Units Online?
If you have finished an online early childhood development or online ECE degree, then you have already earned ECE units towards your career accumulation. If you haven’t, there are various universities offering an early childhood education degree over the Internet, such as:
• The Western Governors University
• San Francisco Early Childhood Development Project
• Child Care Education Institute
• UCLA Extension
• California College of Early Childhood Education
Most of these universities offer early child education online and award units that get credited on your competency units (the average is about 122 for the total program and varies on the online courses offered by each online school). Being online, subjects can be completed at your own leisure and can be taken at your own pace. Most of the subjects include the following:
• Early Child Education. Dealing with the basics: what ECE is, how it helps parents as well as the children, and how important it is in the development of the child
• Effective teaching practices. The basics of ECE teachings as well as the differences between teaching during the early child development stages as compared to the normal education stages of the child
• Teaching foundations. What you need to know in order to be able to handle early child education.
• General Education. Teaching in general and its most basic form.
• Teaching Demonstration. Practical demonstrations on how to effectively deliver teachings and applications of all the subjects catered to young children.
If you want to know how to earn ECE units online, then the best option is for you to visit the websites of the schools listed above offering an online degree for a clearer picture of how many ECE units will be earned and their education qualification requirements. In general, the more certifications and knowledge you have under your belt will net you an increased early childhood education salary.